Reflections on my chaotic life of minivans, tantrums, deadlines, and diets ... a life I wouldn't trade for the world.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vegan Orzo Salad

I just made a vegan "salad" out of what I could find in the refrigerator and cupboards, and it turned out great! I would have liked to find a whole-grain pasta, but like I said, I had to work with what I had. I also didn't take any pictures; my growling tummy won out.

Here you go ...
  • Half a box of orzo
  • Avocado, diced
  • Roasted red peppers (from the jar), chopped
  • Walnuts, chopped
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Black beans, drained and rinsed
Vinaigrette:
  • Olive oil
  • White balsamic
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Dried herbs

Cook the orzo to al dente, drain, and rinse in cold water until it's cool. Toss with the other ingredients and vinaigrette, and voila! Yummy, semi-healthy (albeit a bit fattening) vegan salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment